School Board: Toronto DSB
Owner/Manager: TDSB Facility Services
- Located in Toronto
- 48 million square feet of facilities
- 591 Schools
- $30.6 million Natural Gas and $28.7 Electricity Budget (2003/04)
To implement a Computerized Energy Management System for all schools within the Toronto District School Board.
Meet energy budget reduction targets and provide Computerized Energy Management.
- Decrease annual operating costs and consumption.
- Use real time monitoring to identify inefficient facilities.
- Establish best practices for energy savings in all schools.
- Provide a powerful tool for Energy Management staff to constantly improve the energy performance of their facilities.
A CARMA METER MANAGER™ Submetering System is installed in every school within TDSB. All submeters report to a Central Energy Management database maintained by the Board.