Building Name: 1 Rowntree Road
Owner/Manger: MTCC No. 1061
- Located in Toronto
- Built in 1993, Submetered in 2009
- 238 Residential Units
- Consumption surpassed the 3.3 million kWh mark in year prior to submetering
With continuously climbing utility rates, condominium corporations are constantly seeking ways to trim operating costs to relieve pressure from the bottom line. The single most effective way to harness rising electricity costs and growing consumption in a multi-residential environment is to submeter the utilities. Electricity makes for an excellent starting point.
Remove suite electricity from the total building electricity operating expense.
- Decrease annual operating costs and consumption.
- Invest in short pay-back energy saving technology.
- Encourage tenant engagement and awareness.
- Provide accurate and timely tenant billing.
A revenue legal CARMA METER MANAGER™ Submetering System was installed. Immediately following installation, a monthly tenant billing and collection program was initiated.