Building Name: Shopping Centre
Owner/Manger: Cadillac Fairview
- Located in Toronto
- 379,280 Square foot shopping centre
- 95 Retail tenants
- Consumption surpassed 9 million kWh mark in year prior to submetering
With continuously climbing utility rates, building owners are constantly seeking ways to trim operating costs to relieve pressure from the bottom line. As pass-through recipients, commercial/retail tenants are equally concerned about maximizing efficiency and minimizing electricity costs when faced with bills they have historically had little to no control over.
Meet energy budget reduction targets and increase tenant engagement.
- Decrease annual operating costs and consumption.
- Invest in short pay-back energy saving technology.
- Encourage tenant engagement and awareness.
- Provide accurate and timely tenant billing.
A revenue legal CARMA METER MANAGER Submetering System was installed. Immediately following installation, a monthly tenant billing and collection program was initiated.