School Board: York Region DSB
Owner/Manger: YRDSB Plant Operations
- Located in York Region
- 14 million square feet of facilities
- 220 Schools
- $11.3 million Electricity Budget (2012/13)
To provide a detailed profile of the energy use in each school throughout the York Region District School Board.
Meet energy budget reduction targets and provide Computerized Energy Management.
- Decrease annual operating costs and consumption.
- Use real time technology to identify inefficient facilities.
- Incorporate energy data into classroom teaching.
- Provide a powerful tool for teachers and students to view their daily energy consumption.
A CARMA METER MANAGER™ Submetering System is installed in every facility within YRDSB. All new school construction requires the installation of the Carma system.